In March 2020, the LBI for Lung Health decided to conduct an antibody study due to current developments in the COVID-19 pandemic caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The aim of this study is to determine out the actual frequency of COVID-19 infections in the Viennese population.
For this research project, a representative sample is required. Due to the core project of the LBI for Lung Health, the Austrian LEAD Study, in which already more than 11,000 test persons (from 6-80 years) were subjected to a "Health Examination Survey", such an exemplary representative sample from the general population was available. That population sample was invited to an antibody test from April to May 2020. In total, more than 12,000 Viennese were examined. In addition to the frequency of COVID-19 infections, the number of asymptomatic infected persons could be deduced. The Austrian LEAD Study database also allows conclusions to be drawn about socioeconomy, lifestyle factors and risk factors of Covid-19 positive tested Viennese.
- Univ. Prof. Dr. Otto C. Burghuber
- Assoc. Prof.in Prim.a Priv.-Doz.in Dr.in Sylvia Hartl, MBA
- Dr.in Robab Breyer-Kohansal
- Dr.in Marie-Kathrin Breyer
- Prof. Dr. Michael Binder
- Markus Fiedler
- Prof.in Dr.in Manuela Födinger
- Prof. Dr. Michael Kundi
- Prof.in Dr.in Elisabeth Puchhammer-Stöckl
- Dr.in Andrea Schrott
- Prof.in Dr.in Karin Stiasny
- Prof. Dr. Lukas Weseslindtner
- Prof. Dr. Emiel F.M. Wouters